3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 11:17 AM by philmodjunk

Relationship issues.

ultranix

Title

Relationship issues.

I have a contacts database, and I have this issue:

Relationships between contacts and meet info, when I set them up like this, works fine:

CONTACTS::id_contact [indexed, auto-enter calculation, required value, allow override] = MEET::id_contact [indexed]

The real trouble is when I try to set relationships having TEAM table in between of it.

That's how i set relationship and I have to go to manage->database and update id_contact field manually in order to get this to work, otherwise, latest record doesn't show up correctly. This is the setting:

CONTACTS::id_contact [indexed, auto-enter calculation, required value, allow override] = TEAM::id_contact [indexed] = MEET_TEAM::id_contact [indexed].

How should I correct this relationship?

• 1. Re: Relationship issues.
          philmodjunk

Can't really say. What is the purpose of having Team as the "in between" table occurrence here?

With such a relationship, meet_Teem records are not related to Contacts records unless there is a record in Team with the same contact number. If this record is missing or has the wrong value, the relational link is broken.

• 2. Re: Relationship issues.
            ultranix

That is the purpose of TEAM table, because, I want to separate team member records and meet information with them from other contacts and don't want to use relationship, so I created separate table.

What's weird - if you go to another layout and come back to original - issue is gone. issue is present only when i create new record in the same layout.

• 3. Re: Relationship issues.
              philmodjunk

It may just be that you need to refresh the window and/or commit the current record. There's a script step that can do that.

That is the purpose of TEAM table, because, I want to separate team member records and meet information with them from other contacts and don't want to use relationship, so I created separate table.

I'm not sure I understand that. Are you using the presence/absence of records in Team to control what contacts are visible in a list view or a portal for a given Meet record? There are simpler ways to do that.