pdoak_1

Title

Relationship not giving desired results

Background Info: I am using the following

1. Filemaker pro Advanced 11
      2. Mac OS X 10.6.6
      3. Single user mode
      4. I have been using Filemaker Pro for about 6 months

I have created a database to hold client stock portfolios.  All client portfolios are run on a pari passu basis and I wish to design a layout which will show for each client portfolio how many shares need to be purchased to bring the portfolio into line with the model portfolio.

The layout I am working on uses a sub summary by client and then by stock.  The underlying table that this layout uses holds all the actual trades within the portfolio for all portfolios.  What I want to show, for each stock in each portfolio is the difference between the current holding and the holding in the model portfolio.  However, I can't see how I can achieve this.  I have tried using another table occurrence using the "X" operator but that does not allow me to just look at all the records which match the current stock.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to how to get this to work?

• 1. Re: Relationship not giving desired results
          philmodjunk

Sounds like you need all records for a given stock type to be able to link to a record for the same stock type in the "model" portfolio.

Don't know how you've organized your portfolios and your model portfolios.

How can you tell from your records to what portfolio a given stock transaction belongs?

How have you documented the "model" values? Same table(s) or different?

• 2. Re: Relationship not giving desired results
            pdoak_1

I managed to solve it!

I created a field in the table which holds all the trades which defined the "model portfolio".  Once I had done this, I could link this field to another copy of the trades table linking this field with the account nos.  i.e. one account is the "model portfolio"

Thank you.