AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship not working properly between two tables

Question asked by chcsep on Apr 13, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 by chcsep

Title

Relationship not working properly between two tables

I'm at wit's end trying to figure out what the problem is here. It used to work and something broke. I'm not the primary user of this database, which complicates things further.

Our database has two tables, A and B, which are connected in a relationship by the "ID" field.

Layout 1 uses data from tables A and B, and Layout 2 uses data from table B only.

Layout 1 correctly connects the data from tables A and B, but if I change any view (i.e. search/sort/filter/go to next record) this change is not reflected in Layout 2.

I know for a fact that the database previously connected the two. So for example, if I performed a search that brought up the records for Adam and Bill in Layout 1, Adam's and Bill's records would also show up from table B in layout 2. If I moved from Adam's record to Bill's in layout 1, I would be on Bill's record when I went over to layout 2.

The database is used in FMP 8, but I also have access to FMP 11 on a different computer, and I get the same problem.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? The database is vital to our operations and I can't figure out for the life of me what changed or how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes