1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2010 9:04 AM by philmodjunk

relationship problem...and i dont mean with my wife

beaglepro

Title

relationship problem...and i dont mean with my wife

I have three tables, Contacts, Timesheet, Quotes.

When i am filling out the timesheet, I want to be be able to select a quote ,which i do via a values list. Then i want a field to populate the contact from the Quote table. Quote contacts are populated from the Contacts table.

This works ok for the first line, using look ups but every line under just populates with the result of the first line. I want the contact to change on every line change when the quote has changed.

I have been using sperate fields for the quote, and contact s per line, ie not using repetitions as i dont know how to aggregate/report these.

Any help please.

• 1. Re: relationship problem...and i dont mean with my wife
          philmodjunk

"I have been using sperate fields for the quote, and contact s per line, ie not using repetitions as i dont know how to aggregate/report these. "

Well, you wouldn't want a repeating field here if that's what you mean by "using repetitions". You should use a table of related records where each record in your related table is one "Quote".

It sounds like you simply need to place the contacts fields from your contacts table on your layout instead of using a looked up value, but I could be wrong here. Could you spell out a bit more detail on your tables and their relationships?