I have a demo file for this method that you might want to examine:
FileMaker 12 users: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/78737945/SimpleNameLookupDemo.fmp12
Pre FileMaker 12 Users: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/78737945/SimpleNameLookupDemo.fp7
Hi Phil. I made my relationship and script the same as yours in your samplenamelookupdemo. But I can't get it to work. There must be something wrong in how I copied your set up. I might delete my tables and start afresh. Happy Halloween.
I was able to fix up my relationship problem. I found that I made a silly mistake of making a new table instead of a TO. Anyway it is working much better now. But one problem is happening with my modified version of your script.
I can't seem to find a result of 1 for this part:
Count ( Contacts::Name ) > 1
Make sure that you have the correct table occurrence name inside the parenthesis.
In the demo, Contacts is the name of the related table occurrence that is linked by name--not ID--to the layout's table. It is used to detect more than one contact with exactly the same name.
That is working now. Thanks.