1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 6:17 AM by philmodjunk

Relationship Question

tgeshi

Title

Relationship Question

Dear Members;

Thank you for your cooperation. I am annoying the following situation. I appreciate if you could provide me with some clues.

Situation;

I am making some statistical solutions. in the process, it should be necessary to include a frequency distribution. A table requires the raw data set whose number exceeds 100. With a certain calculation squrt(100), I can get 10 class numbers to depict frequency distribution.

I think that it would be convenient if I can get this table spinned off from the former data sets.

This new set table has 10 records. My point is in what relationship should be established between the former data set table and the new one.

Begging your comments,

Thank you in advance,

• 1. Re: Relationship Question
          philmodjunk

It sounds like you want the user to be able to create new tables on the fly. Why? This can really only be done by the developer as there are manual parts of the design process that are necessary before the new table is accessible to users.

On the other hand it's pretty straight forward to set up a system that creates and works off of different groups of records all in the same table by working from either a found set or using a relationship to match to a related set of records.

Squirt ( 100 ) appears to refer to a function. This is not a built in FileMaker function. It might be a custom function or an external function provided by a plug in or something else, but I don't recognize it and so have no idea what it does nor how.