AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationships

Question asked by tays01s on Nov 14, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Relationships

I'm not quite getting them! See attach diagram.

Ignore 'Front'. I'm just using this as an index of buttons to go to other layouts. I assume it could simply be a layout and doesn't need a separate table (I was hedging my bets!).

Main point:

- Patients: I will have several falling into 'active', 'non-active' and 'all' filter categories.

- Prescription: Several per patient.

- Records: Several per Prescription.

Records has a lot of fields arranged in a column next to the related prescription column. For this reason, I was aiming to have a pop-up of patient names on Records. Once a patient name was chosen a pop-up next to it would be filled with the prescription dates for that patient (ie. contextual).

However, these pop-ups aren't populating despite apparent relationships and use of value lists from related tables.

a) I assume I'm getting something fundamentally wrong re. relationships; what?

b) FM solutions commonly appear to pull child table data onto 'parent layouts' using portals. I've kept to an individual layout per table because I was attempting to stay within iPhone size layouts and 'Records' has many fields and field names are relatively long compared to the numeric data entry. Is there a better solution.

Relationships.png

Outcomes