AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationships in multiple databases

Question asked by JeromeSkrdla on Aug 2, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Relationships in multiple databases

I am trying to get up to speed with Filemaker 12 as the last databases that I built were in FMP 7.  I have two database files,  One labeled student Information, the other present level.  I have created the following fields in the student Information database:  StudentID (a number to be used for relationships), Last Name, First Name, Grade, along with some other demographic info.  In the Present Level database I have the following fields: StudentID (a number to be used for relationships), Last Name, First Name, Grade, Goals, and then some other fields that will show goals and progress toward these goals.  I am looking to create a relationship between the two databases that will pull then demographic info to the second database.  I set up a Relationship in the Student Information database with Student ID as my Key and then set up a second Relationship from the present level database.  I linked the studentID from both databases. On the Present Level database I created a field, choose from the Student Information table.   Nothing shows up in the field.  Any suggestions? 

FMP_relationship.png

Outcomes