1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2010 10:54 AM by philmodjunk

Remembering Passwords

mgxdigital

Title

Remembering Passwords

Hi. I have all of my databases/layouts password protected.

We only 2 account settings and every database has the same ones (staff & management)

Is there anyway to make is so if you open one database and type in the username/password that Filemaker will let you open the other databases in the same account setting? 

Currently, we have to log in every single time we open a new database....even though the username/passwords are the same.

Ideally i would like to have our system so that if you log in once, FM knows that you are using that account setting for all databases and when you click open remote:databases and open a new one, FM will auto sign you in using the username/password that you had entered at the beginning...

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: Remembering Passwords
          philmodjunk

If you use a script to open the other files or a relational reference to a table in the file opens the file (say you go to a layout with a portal of records from another file, for example). FIlemaker will automatically open the file with the same account name and password as the file you currently have open. If this is not happening either the account names/passwords are not exactly the same or you have a damaged file.