1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 3:13 PM by TSGal

REMOTE ACCESS PROBLEM WITH OS 10.6.1

martiwhite

Title

REMOTE ACCESS PROBLEM WITH OS 10.6.1 & FM v9

Trying to access my school database (FM9) from home which I have always been able to do, (and can still do with my much older Mac.)  I now cannot do this with my brand new Mac with OS X.6.1.

I can't use the "button" our developer created for remote access, but it still works with old computer.

I also know how to manually connect using remote access, but can't make this happen on my new mac.  I have the correct IP address and file name.

Can anyone explain this and help?

• 1. Re: REMOTE ACCESS PROBLEM WITH OS 10.6.1 & FM v9
          TSGal

martiwhite:

Thank you for your post.

Do you also have FileMaker Pro 9 installed on this machine?  If not, install FileMaker Pro 9 and see if you run into the same problem.  If the problem exists, then you may have a configuration issue.  If it works with FileMaker Pro 9, then create a new User account, log onto the new account, launch FileMaker Pro 10 and see if you are able to access the files remotely.  If this works, then you will need to determine what is different about the two user accounts.

If your old machine and new machine are on the same network, try creating a new file on one machine and see if the other machine sees it.  Also, try installing FileMaker Pro 10 on your old machine and see if you are able to access the file remotely.

Please continue to update me with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.