2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 8:49 PM by LorenaOrtizschneider

Remote Client keeps getting disconnected since upgrading to FM12

JohnelSova

Title

Remote Client keeps getting disconnected since upgrading to FM12

I have a remote user that was working fine under FM11, but since we've upgraded to FM12 he keeps getting disconnected every hour or two, sometimes more.  This doesn't appear to effect other computers connected via VPN, just the one user.  It can happen when he's stepped away from the computer, or while he is actively working in it.  I've tried connecting with a different user and been able to maintain a connection for over 24 hours without a problem.  When the user brings their computer in to the office they don't have the problem, only when connecting via the VPN from home (which is where they normaly work).

Any ideas on how to get this user back online...?

• 1. Re: Remote Client keeps getting disconnected since upgrading to FM12
          philmodjunk

Don't know for sure, but in cases where the problem turned out to be specific to particular user account (OS user account, not Filemaker account), I've fixed problems by setting that user up with a new user account.

• 2. Re: Remote Client keeps getting disconnected since upgrading to FM12
            LorenaOrtizschneider

I am having this issue as well. I have a MacBook laptop running IS X 10.9.5  that I take back and forth with me to the office. At the office, I have no problem connecting and staying connected remotely to my FMP files that live on a "host" computer. When I try to connect remotely from home, however, I get kicked off all the time, and when I try to reconnect, often the HOSTS box on the left is empty. Strange thing is that my colleague, who exclusively accesses the files remotely from her home, never has this problem. My IT guy can't figure it out and is recommending I subscribe to the more expensive FMServer. I have a small company, with 3 users and FMP sold me this solution. Any assistance is welcome. Thank you! Lorena