1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 6:18 AM by philmodjunk

Remote connection

Rad_1

Title

Remote connection

I installed FMP Adv 13 on a Mac running 10.9 with a pre-existing install of FMP Adv 11.  I need connect to a remote server over the internet running I believe version 11 of  the server.  I can connect using the old install on FMP Adv 11, but I cannot connect  via FMP Adv 13, as I only see "No Files" with the same server information. Depending on how I try to connect within Filemaker, I can see a "The File "XXX.fmp12" could not be opened.  Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on the host."    Is there any solution? It obviously is expecting a FMP12 file,  Do I have to uninstall somehow FMP Adv 11 - and if so, is there an uninstaller?  Do I have to open ports?   

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Remote connection
          philmodjunk

FileMaker files created by FileMaker versions 7 thru 11 produce files with the .fp7 file extension and the same file format. FileMaker versions 12 and 13 produce files with the .fmp12 extension and a new/different file format. The file formats are not compatible. FileMaker 11 cannot open .fmp12 files. Filemaker 12 and 13 can only convert .fp7 files producing new files with the .fmp12 extension and format.

Thus you cannot host .fp7 files and connect to them from Filemaker 13.