1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 8:10 AM by philmodjunk

Remote connection to the host problem

DmitryTurusov

Title

Remote connection to the host problem

Hi everyone!

I have one DB stored on one Mac (10.6.8). I have shared this database via wifi airport.

I have two other macs (10.6.8 and os mavericks). Once i try to connect to the remoted host and file it works, but within 5-10 minutes connected macs lose the connections to the hosted file and i cant see even Local host.

I use airport express with DHCP. All macs are in the same network so i can see each of them on the network.

The filemaker software on my host can be reopened and filemaker software on clients macs can be also reopened but it is not helpful. But sometimes it help. Sometimes not.

I guess that problem is with my airport settings. Seems like ip address on host mac is not stable. But i cant find out what is wrong.

Does someone has any idea?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Remote connection to the host problem
          philmodjunk

Is it possible that your WiFi coverage is uneven? Could your other computers not always be close enough to the WiFi antenna to get a reliable connection? You might want to monitor signal strength on those machines and see if it varies frequently.

We once had a day where the WiFi became very unreliable. A tech had us unplug the internet router, wait a few minutes and then plug it back in. That fixed this particular problem for us.