5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 9:11 PM by philmodjunk

Remote payment processing

Kaps_1

Title

Remote payment processing

Hello

i am just wondering if the following can be done. Can a user see a remote FileMaker page and enter some payment processing details if a plug in is needed which one do you recommend ?

Thank

Kaps

• 1. Re: Remote payment processing
          philmodjunk

Can a user see a remote FileMaker page

Via FileMaker or a Web Browser? If you publish a database to the web, users with the correct browsers/versions can access the page.

and enter some payment processing details

what kind of "details". To process a financial transaction such as charging a credit card or debiting a debit card will require a plug in. But just recording data in the fields does not.

• 2. Re: Remote payment processing
            Kaps_1

Thanks. Can you use IWP or  web direct to publish to the web for this purpose ?

• 3. Re: Remote payment processing
              philmodjunk

And what is this purpose? you never clarified exactly what you were trying to do.

It should be possible, but I've never tried to do it.

• 4. Re: Remote payment processing
                Kaps_1

I have a client with Filemaker Pro installed on a network. Currently the entire network is Filemaker Pro 12 - but there are plans to install Filemaker Server 13. The system acts as CRM solution and they are trying to automate payments. The steps are :-

a) The client will log onto the system, and identify one of their customers who they need to invoice.

b) They will press a button in a portal containing outstanding invoices for that customer.

c) This will create an e-mail  via either outlook or SMTP which will go to the customer.

d) In the email, there will be a link to a page in the Filemaker database. On the page, there will be fields for Credit Card Number etc.

e) The customer will enter these and press a button and his credit card will be charged.

I can do a)-d) easily - but e) is the one I am curious about. So I guess I would need a plug in ? Can you recommend one ?

Thanks

Kaps

• 5. Re: Remote payment processing
                  philmodjunk

e will require a plug in. But as I've already indicated, I've never had a project that required this. Thus I cannot recommend a specific plug in.