9 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2013 8:40 AM by EricCrespin

Remove the Duplicate value from portal

ShitanshuShekhar

Title

Remove the Duplicate value from portal

Can any body help me to remove the duplicate value from a portal without using "Portal filter" ? Have you any shortcut method for this ?

• 1. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
          IT_User

Instead of portal filtering you can use relationship filtering.

However, I'm more curious about what Table Occurrence (TO) you have the portal based on, the reason you need the portal, and why you need duplicates removed.

It could be possible that you need your portal based on a different TO (that you have already established using relationship filtering).

• 2. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
            philmodjunk

Do you want to remove the record as in delete it or omit the record as in not display it?

And why do you not want to use a portal filter? Knowing why may suggest a way that makes a portal filter work for you or may help us understand better what you need to accomplish.

• 3. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
              ShitanshuShekhar

Thanks for your reply.. Let me clarify more on this..

My aim is that fiter out the customer list whose payment status is not completed.

I have a Sales Order and Sales Order Item table and relationship is based on "Status" 

I have a portal which is based on Sales Order Item.

Output is :

Customer Name     Address

ABC                       Address 1

BCE                       Address 2

ABC                        Address1   

I really need only one "ABC"  customer name not twice and off course I don't want to use portal filter because I am going to take the portal value from web.

Let me know if still you are not clear on the same.

• 4. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
                philmodjunk

It is not clear what you mean by:

I am going to take the portal value from web

• 5. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
                  ShitanshuShekhar

Actually my agenda is take the portal value from web by custom web publishing with PHP.

$Customer = $record->getRelatedSet('CustomerList');

// CustomerList is portal relationship name in filemaker

So I don't want to place the duplicate customer name on the Filemaker portal. 

• 6. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
                    philmodjunk

I'm not familiar with PHP, so that doesn't really tell me anything.

Are portal filters not supported in PHP?

But why do you need a portal if you are doing it this way? Couldn't you work from a found set?

There are ways to set up a found set that lists every value only once.

And in FileMaker 12, an executeSQL calculation can use Select distinct to produe a list of unique values.

• 7. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
                      EricCrespin

I am trying to figure this exact same thing out..... at least I think it is... 

Tables are Members--< Subscriptions>--CSA_CSS

Many Memebers

Multiple CSA_CSS

Members can have Multiple Subscriptions to More than one CSA_CSS

In the CSA_CSS layout, we would like to see Members that have a Subscription with that particual CSA_CSS location

The portal, as it is now (no filter settings), brings in Members that have Subscriptions with that location. But, if the Member has more than one subscription (meaning one in 2011 and one in 2013) the Member name shows up more than once in the portal. We would like to see it only once no matter how many subscriptions they have with that CSA_CSS location. 

CSA_CSS Layout (general)

(Portal)                              (ref only, will not be displayed)

Member 1       (Active)     (2011)     Only need to see Members name listed once

Member 2       (Inactive)  (2012)

Member 1       (Active)     (2013)

• 8. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
                        philmodjunk

It's not the same issue. The original poster was trying to make this work from PHP--a form of web publishing.

If you want to use a portal placed on the CSA_CSS layout that lists members without any duplication, make it a portal directly to Members instead of Subscriptions.

• 9. Re: Remove the Duplicate value from portal
                          EricCrespin

I feel so naive! Haha Such a simple fix. Thank you A) for your knowledge B) feedback C) Understanding Patience