AnsweredAssumed Answered

removing  data from layout

Question asked by puigo on Jan 13, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 by ninja

Title

removing  data from layout

I very recently started evaluating FM 10 and I ran into an issue which I am sure has a simple solution… or I completely miss the concept of how FM should work.

I created a small database with 3 tables and simple relationships.  The database contains data from different clients and each client can only see its own data.

To restrict client access to its own data, I am using the "Custom Record Privileges" for the respective privilege set and all is working like a charm!

Here is my problem: when my layout is displaying the data, it is listing all entries the user has no privilege with a <no access> message (see example below).  Ideally, this data should not be displayed at all! 

Is there a workaround that?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Fernando

Example:

Date               contractors       client              other               teams

<no access>    <no access>    <no access>    <no access>    <no access>
03/11/2009       5                      2                    2                    2
04/11/2009       4                      2                    3                    2
05/11/2009       4                      2                    3                    2
06/11/2009       3                      2                    2                    2

Outcomes