4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2009 2:00 PM by b4farmer

Removing Sub-summry/Leading summary.

b4farmer

Title

Removing Sub-summry/Leading summary.

I just added a Leading Grand Summary and it is not at all what I thought it was. I want to just delete it and go back to what I had before, but when I do it takes out WAY more than just the Leading Grand Summary. I get the message "Delete this part and all objects in it?" That is not what I want to do. I tried that... big mistake. Luckily logging back in at least got me back to where everything was although with the Leading Grand Summary in too. I am able to change it to a sub summary, but I still can't get rid of it. What am I supposed to do?

• 1. Re: Removing Sub-summry/Leading summary.
          etripoli
             A leading Grand Summary is just that - a part that contains summaries for all fields.  What kind of summary are you after?
          • 2. Re: Removing Sub-summry/Leading summary.
            b4farmer

I want to total sponsorships through all records. I have a field for Live and one for Web. I also have a total,but that total is just for that record. I want to total the totals across all records. Each record is a different event. I think I've found another way to do it with a summary field that looks like it's going to work, but I still can't get rid of the Sub-summary down the left hand side (in layout mode) without destroying three quarters of my layout with it. Can this not just be removed while everything else is left alone. I can't even resize the body section or the header or footer sections either. 

• 3. Re: Removing Sub-summry/Leading summary.
              etripoli
                 If you delete the part (leading grand-summary), it will delete everything in it.  Strange that you can't resize the other parts - try turning on Object Info in the View menu, select one of the other parts, enter a larger number in the Height field (last one on the list), and hit Enter.
              • 4. Re: Removing Sub-summry/Leading summary.
                b4farmer
                   I got it. It took a call at $3/min. but the panic attack is over. To save anyone else that might be reading this a little money.... Once I resized the body portion (down) and then dragged EVERYTHING into the body section.... I was then able to resize the section I wanted to delete as well as delete it without losing anything.