AnsweredAssumed Answered

Removing white space in a subsummary report

Question asked by mmccarty on Sep 18, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2009 by mmccarty

Title

Removing white space in a subsummary report

Hello,

I have 8 divisions each with several tasks and I am creating a financial report to show their spending in the last period.  My boss wants the summary data for 7 of the 8 divisions and wants to see the individual task spending for the last division.  The layout pulls from the task table aka one record for every task.  I created several new calculation fields that are only non empty when the task is of Division8 (aka If[Division=8;task name]).  I have one subsummary that sorts by Division name and contains my financial summary fields, and my body contains the new fields that only show Division8.  All the fields in the body have slide printing enabled.

Everything works great except I have extra white space that I can't get rid of.  The slide printing works but I think being in the body it is leaving a tiny sliver of space for each task (which creates a large white space).  I normally don't use a body part with this technique, just another subsummary field. 

Any ideas on how to remove the little sliver of space for each task would be greatly appreciated.  Will a body part always leave space?

Outcomes