1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 8:30 AM by philmodjunk

Renaming of external files on a network drive

jfalberg

Title

Renaming of external files on a network drive

In my application, I need to create an external file on a network shared folder and then rename it once its ready and closed, so I've been trying the following script as an example, but apparently it's not doing anything:

Send Event ["aevt"; "odoc"; "cmd /c del  //aci-2008-01/Shared/Pro73/xy/123.txt"]

Send Event ["aevt"; "odoc"; "cmd /c move //aci-2008-01/Shared/Pro73/xy/123.1 //aci-2008-01/Shared/Pro73/xy/123.txt"]

Do I need to use "filewin" or "\\" or something else to make this work?  Please advise as to how I can get this to work so I can move forward, thanks.

• 1. Re: Renaming of external files on a network drive
          philmodjunk

I think you'd need to put that command line text into a batch file and then use Send Event to "open it" to get that to work. It's possible to use export field contents to create the file before using send event to open it.

There is an alternative approach, however:

Insert a reference to the file into a container field. Use Export Field Contents to export a new copy of the file with the new file name. Then use Export Field Contents with the path and name to the original copy, but with no field specified to delete the original copy.