AnsweredAssumed Answered

ReNumber K_ID field script

Question asked by brutuswa on May 30, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2013 by brutuswa

Title

ReNumber K_ID field script

After numerous imports from my iPad, I have realised that I should not have imported the k_ID_Contact field  but should have imported the Date Created field   :(

Too late now ast that unique number is not unique any more.

So, I have unticked the "Not Modifiable" checkbox and I am going renumber them.

I am also using the opportunity to sort of group various sections.  Some of which are easy because ther's not too many in those sections, such as Personal, Suppliers, Associates etc

But when it comes to the Clients section, I have over 700 of them and its going to be quite a job to find the original "Date Created" but I will be able to do that from past backups.  Once I have them in order, I will want to sort them, then renumber the k_ID_Contact as from, say 1001 onwards in the found set.

Then I can make the field non modifiable again and not make that mistake again.

So can anyone suggest a script that once I put 1001 in the k_ID_Contact field of the earliest record, will then renumber all the subsequent records in the sorted found set by an increment of 1  only in the found set.

tia

Brett Curtis

Master Window Cleaners

Outcomes