2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 10:44 AM by IanBlackburn

Reordering find requests in "Perform Find [Restore]" script step?

IanBlackburn

Title

Reordering find requests in "Perform Find [Restore]" script step?

Sorry if this is a total noob question; my google-fu wasn't strong enough to find the answer.

Using the "Perform Find [Restore]" script step, the "Specify Find Requests" window says "Find requests are executed in the order that they appear."

As far as I can tell, the order they appear in is the order they're created in. I can't figure out how to re-order them once they're created. Is there a way to do that?

• 1. Re: Reordering find requests in "Perform Find [Restore]" script step?
          philmodjunk

Hmmm, had to check that one as I almost never use that option for scripted finds. Yes, the only order would appear to be the order in which you created them. It seems you would have to delete requests and create new ones to produce a different order for your requests.

I usually use this type of scripted find as it is more convenient to read and analyze when I pull up the script at a later date:

Enter Find Mode[]
          Set Field [table::Fielda ; // put expression for Criterion for this field here]
          Set Field [Table::Fieldb ; // put expression for Criterion for this field here ]
          New Record/Request //to start a new request
          Set Field....

and so forth...

Set Error Capture [on]
          Perform Find []

with this scripted approach, you can reorder your requests by re-ordering your script steps. (Generally, the order of the requests does not matter unless you have an "omit" request--which should always be the last request.)

• 2. Re: Reordering find requests in "Perform Find [Restore]" script step?
            IanBlackburn

Thanks; at least now I know that's the way it is and I'm not just missing something. It seems odd to me that you can't move the requests around like you can with script steps. Your method's definitely the better way to go.