4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2012 10:05 PM by JodieWeston

Repeater fields

JodieWeston

Title

Repeater fields

Help please!!!

Is there a way to have a field in a database that represents a repeater field, but is displayed in one field, for example:

Repeater field 1 - orange

Repeater field 2 - apple

Repeater field 3 - banana

Repeater field 4 - mandarine

Single field to display data from repeater field:

orange, apple, banana, mandarine

Does this make sense?

Thanks Jodie :)

• 1. Re: Repeater fields
          philmodjunk

Your post doesn't explain what you mean by a "repeater field"

A field with a 4 value value list could be set up with either global storage--one value for all records in the table or non-global storage--a different value for every record.

The 4 values, orange, apple, banana and mandarine could be 4 values in a custom value list or 4 records in a table set up to store them for use with your value list if you set it up with the "use values from field" option.

• 2. Re: Repeater fields
            JodieWeston

Hi there,

Thanks for responding to my post.  Sorry I'm not that advanced with my calculation skills.  What I'm wanting to do is produce a list of values based on the contents of a repeating field.  I have created a value list (my list contains about 30 entries) and set up the repeating field, now I want to write a calculation in a new field that takes all the entries in the repeating field and displays them like - orange, apple, banana, mandarine, etc.

Thanks,

Jodie :) 

• 3. Re: Repeater fields
              crtopher

Check out the snap below - it shows the repeating field, the list of the field, and the formula you need for the list

• 4. Re: Repeater fields
                JodieWeston

Hi Chris,

OMG you are awesome!!! thank you so much :)

Hope you have a spectacular day! :)