4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 9:00 AM by philmodjunk

Repeating Field Value in Calculation Field

mgxdigital

Title

Repeating Field Value in Calculation Field

I have 2 fields, a and b.

Both are repeating fields with 7 repetitions.

I'm going to enter numbers into all 7 repetitions of field a.

I'm wanting field b to be a calculation field with the 7 repetiitons.

I want the calculation for field b to get the repetiton of itself and multiply the same repetition number of field a by 100.

Can anyone help me write this calcuation?

• 1. Re: Repeating Field Value in Calculation Field
          raybaudi

FieldA * 100 * Get ( CalculationRepeatitionNumber )

• 2. Re: Repeating Field Value in Calculation Field
            philmodjunk

Be sure to specify the repetitions for your calculation field in storage options.

• 3. Re: Repeating Field Value in Calculation Field
              mgxdigital

Does it make sense the way that i'm wanting to build this? I wanted to only have 2 fields instead of 14.

Field A Repetitions (number field)                        Field B Repetitons (calculation field)

10                                                                                1000

20                                                                                2000

45                                                                                4500      

and so on                                                                   and so on

So i need help writing the calculation field for Field B.

It will need to get the repetition of itself and multiply the same repetiton number in Field A times 100.

Can someone help me actully write out the calculation for Field B?

Please and thank you.

• 4. Re: Repeating Field Value in Calculation Field
                philmodjunk

The correct syntax is

Field A  * 100

As shown by Raybaudi.

Then you select 7 repetitions as the storage option for this calculation field.

But using repeating fields like this (Instead of a table of related values) are most often not the optimum database design to use.