2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 12:20 PM by FredAcaylar

Replace Field Contents with new text while preserving current data

FredAcaylar

Title

Replace Field Contents with new text while preserving current data

Hi all - long time lurker and with a shift in responsibilities at work, I figured it's time to jump into the forums for help.

Within a found set, I have a field titled "Additional Info". Said field has (mostly) uniform data, say "123", but some of the records have additional text, like "ABC" and "XYZ".

What I am aiming to do is add text "WAWA" to this field, but essentially add it to the top (think comments) and preserve the text already in said field.

How would I go about doing that via calculated result? I have the following calculation entered: ""WAWA" & ¶ & ¶ &" but what is the last part to reference the contents already in the "Additional Info" field? A Get function doesn't seem to be doing the trick and I really don't want to have to export to a temp field and have a combine calculation. 

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have tried searching various keywords but have not found a solution. If this has already been answered, just point me to the post outlining it.