3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 7:48 AM by Orlando

replacing a label

beckett85_1

Title

replacing a label

basically ive got a layout setup where initially i allow the user to input data ie a location and then it goes and does a find for all of those people at that location and shows it on a new layout, only thing is, i want the layout to have a heading based on the location that the user has inputted, any suggestions, thought about having a standard label up the top, giving it an object name and then selecting it and changing the text, but i couldnt make that work because i couldnt make it change the text, any ideas on things i can do? cheers

• 1. Re: replacing a label
          Orlando

HI beckett85,

The field that the user inputs there search criteria, is this a global field? or a field in another table.

If it is a global then you could place that field at the top of your layout, or if not, alternatively setup a global field and populate it with the value of the search criteria when performing the search if it is scripted. 

You have the choice of placing the field as a field on the layout and removing the ability to enter in Browse Mode, in Layout Mode go: Format > Field/Control > Behavior...

Or you could place the field on the layout as a Merge Field by going Insert > Merger Field... in Layout Mode and selecting your global field.

I hope this helps. 

• 2. Re: replacing a label
            beckett85_1
               cheers mate still learning the prog didnt know about global fiels and how they worked, very handy, thanks again
            • 3. Re: replacing a label
              Orlando

No worries, do post if you need any additional help in setting this up.