3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2010 6:45 AM by ryan

Replacing fields problem

Jasonix

Title

Replacing fields problem

Good morning all,

I have a problem when replacing fields issue:-)  When replacing field values where the field has multiple options via checkboxes, filemaker will only allow me to choose only the first value of that checkbox.  Is there a way of getting round this?  I have a large number of records that of course need the same entry.  I am a beginner so go gentle with the jargon.

Thanks for your time in reading

Jasonix

• 1. Re: Replacing fields problem
          ryan

Are you trying to do the Replace while in Browse mode using the "Replace Field Contets" from the menu, or are you trying to do this via a Script you have created?

• 2. Re: Replacing fields problem
            Jasonix

Hi rdowler,

I am using the "Replace Field Contents" from the menu as I haven't got as far as teaching myself about scripts yet.  Thanks for the reply:-)

Jasonix

• 3. Re: Replacing fields problem
              ryan

without getting very detailed, it should be as easy as this:

find/sort the records you want to replace a field's contents with.

in one of the records in the found set, replace the field with the desired checkbox value by clicking on that checkbox.  Upon clickong on the checkbox, DO NOT click anywhere else on the layout. 

direct your mouse straight up to the Records menu adn select the Replace Field Contects.