3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 8:21 AM by philmodjunk

Replicating conditional format conditions in different fields

eddiecarroll

Title

Replicating conditional format conditions in different fields

Hi All,

I have an assessment databse and in particular layouts I have assessment results. I have used conditional formatting to assign coloured backgrounds to students assessments results depending on the result (i.e. between 7 and 10 - pink, between 5 and 6.5 yellow, between 0 and 5 - blue). I have to set up these conditions for a number of assessments over a range of different units. I thought I would be able to use the format painter to duplicate these conditions for the different fields and so save alot of time setting up the conditional format for each field. However it would appear that I can't do that - or to be more accurate I don't seem know how to do it. I thought it would simply be a case of going into layout mode, clicking on a previously st up field, choosing the format painter button and clicking the field I want to duplicate the conditional formatting for.

Alas it does not seem to work for me - does anyone know how to apply contional formatting across a range of fileds without having to go through each one individually.

Any help gretefully received

Edddiec