1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 5:51 AM by philmodjunk

Replicating Event Management Starter Solution's 'Add Task'

jastbury

Title

Replicating Event Management Starter Solution's 'Add Task'

Hi all, I'm creating a database using the various starter solutions and merging them into one. As I don't use FMPA, I'm having to manually create all the tables and scripts that the templates use. It's not going badly so far, but I can't seem to work out the Event Management's 'Add Task' button. When clicked it creates a new record in a related table (Tasks) and shows it in a portal on the Event Details layout. Click the button again, it creates a new record and the portal grows to show a new row.

I have the Tasks and Events tables linked via the Event ID field, have the portal set up to show records from Tasks and the script 'Add Task' that I stole from the Event Management starter solution. Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks,

J

• 1. Re: Replicating Event Management Starter Solution's 'Add Task'
          philmodjunk

I'm having to manually create all the tables and scripts that the templates use.

You can use Import Records with the new table option selected as the target table to copy a table from one file to another. This does not require FileMaker Advanced. And check Manage | Scripts for an Import Scripts button. I forget whether that button is only in Advanced, but if it's there, you can then import a script from one file to another.

What happens when you try to get this to work? What does your version of this script look like?

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.