5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 10:28 AM by philmodjunk

Report body vertical alignment

MikeF

Title

Report body vertical alignment

In a report with a Title Header and Header ...

Page 1, w/the Title Header looks fine.

On page 2 in Preview Mode --- why does the body of the report slide down by the height of the header, effectively leaving blank space where the "second invisible header" would be?   Again, the body goes *down*.  There are no slide-ups in the first dozen rows of the report.  And ....

From page 3 on, the body comes back up, as in there is no "second invisible header".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: Report body vertical alignment
          philmodjunk

Does your report display multiple records per page? Any chance you have a record where the fields used in the report are empty?

Any sub summary parts in your report that might show up as blank if certain fields in the top record of the sub summary group are empty?

• 2. Re: Report body vertical alignment
            MikeF

Nothing is empty at all.  The top fields do not have any slide-ups.

On every Project, with various amounts of records/pages, only page 2 goes vertically down the body of the report by the amount of the header.

... All other pages are properly aligned as such.

Weird.

Mike

• 3. Re: Report body vertical alignment
              philmodjunk

The top fields do not have any slide-ups.

If there were slide ups, the possibile cause that I suggested would not occur.

Can you post a screen shot of the layout twice? Once in Preview (just the page in question) and once in layout mode? (You can make two posts or combine the two screen shots in a single image file for a single upload...)

This isn't typical behavior for a title header so we need to dig deeper. I suspect an issue with your records, but that's just one possibility here.

• 4. Re: Report body vertical alignment
                MikeF

It's not the Title Header.  That whole component -- ie page 1 --- is fine.

It's always and only page 2, no matter how many pages there are.

I changed the printer from my laserjet to pdf complete, and the problem goes away for the most part.

Will see what I can do about the screen shot.

Thanks,

Mike

• 5. Re: Report body vertical alignment
                  philmodjunk

I changed the printer from my laserjet to pdf complete, and the problem goes away for the most part.

That's an important clue. The two drivers may have different sized print areas (Determined by how close to the edge of the page the "printer" can "print") and this can result in different results. Makes me wonder of you have a layout part that's just a bit too small to fit on the page when you include the title header--which would explain why this happens only with page 2. The size difference could be a little as a pixel or two with some layout designs.

You might pull up this layout, enter layout mode and then select each printer driver in turn in printer set up--checking to see how the page break lines on your layout change.