3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 11:48 AM by philmodjunk

Report Criteria

MikeSaturday

Title

Report Criteria

Hi, it's Mike again!

I have 49 teachers.  I enter data records for the teachers.  I want to print only the records for 1 teacher.  In "Access" I set it up in a query and specify [enter name] in the criteria box.  How do I do this with FM Pro 11?

Thanks for the help, again.

Mike

• 1. Re: Report Criteria
          philmodjunk
          1. Enter find mode
          2. Enter criteria directly in the field
          3. Perform the find

This can also be scripted to use data entered  or selected via value list in a global field.

Enter Find Mode[]
          Set Field [YourTable::YourFIeld ; YourTable::GlobalField]
          Set Error capture [on]
          Perform Find[]

YourTable::GlobalField must be set up with global storage or this script will not work.

• 2. Re: Report Criteria
            MikeSaturday

I understand that when you change a field to "global" you loose all the data in that field?  Also, how do you get the second part of the

Set Field [YourTable::YourFIeld ; YourTable::GlobalField] in the scripting formula?

I feel like I'm so close but yet still so far.  My database is complete except for this part.

Mike

• 3. Re: Report Criteria
              philmodjunk

You don't change the field, you add a new one with the global storage option and only used for the purpose of your user entering the search criteria.

To add the second parameter of Set Field (the expression to the right of the ;) Click the second, lower specify button to bring up the specify calculation dialog.