Report help - sub summary to itemize data?
I've been having trouble wrapping my head around how I'll achieve the following. I'm looking for someone to steer me in the right direction on this. Two portals on the report? Two tables for the data in addition to the table for the reports?... help!!
We are a membership organization and use a table/layout in which we quickly input basic membership orders to be sure all of them are accounted for during our busiest time of year - a kind of rapid input ledger.
The table includes these fields
- Member ID
- full name concat.,
- mem type (fixed rates depending on level),
- total pmt (check amount)
- batch #,
- date of receipt,
- donation (can be any amount),
- additional society memberships (fixed rate each).
We enter a total amount paid, and if the main membership and any donation or society memberships are accounted for correctly, they will all add up to the total amount paid. Our membership costs are constant (no odd/prorated amounts except the donation which can be any amount.)
The trouble I am having is taking the main quick-entry record and turning it into a report by batch number (Summary), but here's the kicker - I need each payment itemized or split out from the data we've collected in the quick entry process. I can easily create a summary of all the batch items that looks like the following, but what I run into is the fact that each payment or check could contain three or four items that need to be reported below the individual's main membership payment.
- Person1 membership type check number total amount
- Person2 membership type check number total amount
- Person3 membership type check number total amount
- Person4 membership type check number total amount
The following is what I am after:
The batch number will be in the header. The report will be for one batch only.
- Person1 membership type check number amount (this pmt can be one of three amounts)
- Person 1 secondary mshp check number amount (always $25)
- Person 1 donation check number amount (can be any amount)
- Person2 membership type check number amount
- Person 2 app fee ck number amount (always $15)
- Person 2 secondary mshp 1 ck number amount
- Person 2 secondary mshp 2 ck number amount
- Person 2 secondary mshp 3 ck number amount
- Person 2 donation ck number amount
- Person3 membership type check number amount
- Person 3 secondary mshp check number amount
- Person 3 donation check number amount
I appreciate any help - let me know if you need further information or clarification. I keep feeling like I'm thinking too hard but haven't had the aha moment yet.