AnsweredAssumed Answered

Report Problem

Question asked by krzyivan on Aug 12, 2009
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2009 by krzyivan

Title

Report Problem

I work for the local Sheriffs Dept. I created a nice database for the civil dept, it works well and does exactly what they need, my problem is, I have 2 report setup, one is for fines paid and one is for bails paid. When inputting data users put in the dollar amount of the fine/bail that was paid, so if a fine was paid for 100 dollars they would input that, then tab to next area which is bail and input zero or vica versa, if fine is zero then bail would be 100 which is logical, cause you dont pay a fine and baill your pay one or the other. ok so lets move on, that works great and all the other parts do as well, there are 39 different places to input info and they all work well, my problem lies when a report is being run. I have 2 different tabs for users to do a report, the fine tab and the bail tab at the top of the frontend to the db, they work fine also, its takes them right to which ever report they chose and at that point the get to do a find/search. in this area i have 4 areas 1. the amount 2. the date 3. the person who its for first and last name. this works great also, now this is where the problem is, whe i do a search in a date range lets say 07/01/2009...08/01/2009 and click not only does it show me the fines paid with dollar amount but it also shows me the bails with 0.00 dollar amounts, or vica versa depends on if im doing a bail report or fine report, but i get the same thing of either report. I dont want that, I only want it to sho me fines on one report and bails on the other report, I tried to do into conditional formatting and tell it to only draw data from the fine/bail {depending on which report im running} but it still shows all amounts for both bails and fines for that given date range. this is driving me bonkers as I have spend 2 whole weeks on this problem. no matter what I do i cant get it to show either only fines or only bails on the reports, its shows both amounts, either all the fines paid with the bails on the report (which are all zeros cause a bail cant be paid if a fine is) or all the bails paid with the fines on the report ( which are all zeros cause a fine cant be paid if bail was made). what formula or whatever the heck, do i use to only have it show me either only bails or only fines, also i would be willing to call you with my cell, if you know exactly what im talking about and how to fix this snafu, thanks all..Tony

Outcomes