2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 7:20 AM by chihuas

Report with two Body Parts

chihuas

Title

Report with two Body Parts

Hi everyone!

I am trying to create a report of the property information which includes the general information, the detail of the improvements and the detail of the land segments for that property. I Tried using a form with two portals, one for each detail part, but the problem is that the details have different number of records for each property. when I print a report with more records than the ones shown on screen, those records are not printed. I tried creating a list but this only allows one Body Part.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Report with two Body Parts
          philmodjunk

One body part is all that you can have. You can base your layout one one of the two portal tables and use a portal for the other. (Choose the table with the least variation of number of records or that does not need any sliding field formatting for the portal.)

To get your portal to adjust to fit the number of rows actually needed, do the following:

Make the portal very large with way more portal rows than you expect to need.

Select the Portal, while in layout mode and set it in the Inspector's position tab to "slide up" and to "Resize enclosing part". This will cause the portal to shrink up to just the number of portal rows actually needed for that portal. Unfortunately, you can't make it expand, so you have to go the other extreme and give it a very large number of portal rows.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          3. Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
          5. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          7. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          9. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          11. Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
          13. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
          15. In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.
          • 2. Re: Report with two Body Parts
            chihuas

Thank you Phil, I will try this solution and see how it works. I already have a layout with the two portals and works fine to see it on screen, this solves the problem for the printing part.