AnsweredAssumed Answered

Report Writing Assistance

Question asked by FrankOneil on Apr 19, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 22, 2012 by FrankOneil

Title

Report Writing Assistance

It's been years since I've worked with FMP (Version 5 I think) and was pretty good at that--but it sure has changed and I need to ask for help. I apologize for what may be a "rookie" question. I "volunteered" to help update an old Filemaker database I created years ago. Our organization has upgraded to Lion, so we now have FMP 12 and running the old database is not an option.

I have a list of people who have a choice of serving at one of two times, and in two of twelve months. Right now I have constructed the database to record the service choice in one field, and then the two months chosen in two fields: Month_1 and Month_2. Each of those fields has a choice of all 12 months.

I'd like to write a report showing each month and the team of people assigned to that month--so twelve teams per service time, with most people in two different months. I never could get this to work in older versions, and am hoping that the new FMP may have an alternative.

I can place Month_1 in the report as a sub-summary and show people who have volunteered for Month_1. That works fine for the first six months, but I can't figure out how to show the other volunteer month (Month_2).

Prior to this, I tried one field, but required two months chosen in that single field (Months_Chosen), but was unable to figure out how to structure the layout so that people who volunteered for January, for example, showed up, then people who volunteered for February, etc.

I may be asking for something that can't be done, but thought I'd take a shot. Any help would be appreciated.

Outcomes