1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 7:38 PM by philmodjunk

reporting help needed

denno

Title

reporting help needed

I have a database that is used for reviewing ultrasounds performed by physicians. I need to create a report that looks at a specified date range then displays each physician, total number of ultrasounds performed in that date range by that physician and the number of ultrasounds by each physician in that date range marked as "billable".

I had this working before I added the date range requirement by creating a related table that only displayed "billable".

The date range is entered with a script that shows a custom dialog that sets variables $$START, $$END and $$RANGE. I can't figure out how to limit the related table. I tried creating a new calc field that equals $$RANGE and used that in the relationship but it didn't work.

Hopefully I've provided enough info here for some suggestions...

• 1. Re: reporting help needed
          philmodjunk

While you can use a relationship that includes a date range, you may also be able to access the records that you need by performing a find that specifies a date range.

Date Range Relationships:

Table1::DateStartField < Table2::date AND
               Table1::DateEndField > Table2::date

you can also use:

Table1::DateListField = Table2::date

where DateListField is either a text field or a calculation that returns text. The values in the field have to be a return separated list of all the dates from DateStart to DateEnd.

You can also use:

Table1::DateStartField < Table2::date AND
               Table1::DateEndField > Table2::date

as a portal filter expression on a portal to Table2.