1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 10:03 AM by philmodjunk

Reporting Issue- Filemaker 10 Pro

Ziad

Title

Reporting Issue- Filemaker 10 Pro

hi there

i'm running on file maker a software to make things easy and faster, i'm working in a propertyg observer firm, the government will instruct me (Order No./unique/)  to inspectg a project site( Project No. /unique/), as u may imagine, so basically we are doing this inspection through the developer only (Developer No./unique/) who can take us and provide us with all the attested documents and bla bla bla,

-each developer has so many projects

-each project could have more than 1 inspections (more than one order)

i'm having two tables,

one with all info about projects and the inspections done arranged by date in a portal

the second table is to insert and review each inspection based on the project No. and the ORDER No. (for inserting the Order and the Project Nos.) (for reviewing, one of them is enough and it could be by the developer No.)

the thing is now i'm required to design a report where i can see all the the projects's latest inspection  results for each developer,

i.e "Developer Name"

Table that contains each project with its latest inspection result.

the only existing relationship that i have now is Project No. between of the two tables. but i'm still going no where, any SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

BEST REGARDS,

Ziad 

• 1. Re: Reporting Issue- Filemaker 10 Pro
          philmodjunk

You need a third table where you have a separate record for each inspection.

Developers-----<Projects-----<Inspections

You can create your report on an Inspections layout and add Project and Developer fields to this layout. You can place these fields in the Header if you only need to find Inspection records for one project at a time. If you need a report for multiple Projects and/or multiple developers, you'd set it up as a summary report and place such fields in a Subsummary part.

If you are new to summary reports:

Here's a link to a simple tutorial on setting up summary reports that you may find useful:

Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial