AnsweredAssumed Answered

reporting on value list choices

Question asked by denno on May 18, 2011
Latest reply on May 27, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

reporting on value list choices

[this is an update to the original thread at http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/fb19124823]

PhilModJunk had presented 2 options-

A couple of options come to mind. The simplest is a series of calculation fields. Say conclusion 1 is the text "Outstanding".

Not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( YourTable::YourCheckBoxFIeld ; "Outstanding ) )

will return a 1 in all records where "Outstanding" was selected.

You could one such field for each value and summary fields could be used to sum up the numbers for each value selected.

A more sophisticated option, is to replace your checkbox field with a portal with a single value check box in each portal row. You'd need to script a process for creating the portal records with each new record created in your Review table, but with that working, you could generate reports and graphs on layouts based on this portal table where you could sort the records to group them by conclusion--which can make for more flexible reporting and charting.

---

I am trying the 2nd option and am able to get the portal and script set up but I can't figure out how to put the single value check box in each portal row. Each row in the portal is showing the value list items from the related table but when I try to change it to a checkbox set, I only have the option to select a value list.

Thanks-

Outcomes