4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 10:22 AM by brentjohn

Reports - Sub-summary

brentjohn

Title

Reports - Sub-summary

When using Sub-summary reports, I would like to control what information is included.

Ex:  Balance Sheet Report to have only “Assets” & “Liabilities” listed.  I have a field “acct_type” that contains: Assets, Liabilities, Expenses, etc.  When I place this filed on the sub-summary, it lists all.  How do I control what is listed?

• 1. Re: Reports - Sub-summary
          paolobkk

hi

the report is listing all your found set.

You should script a find for "acct_type" desidered and sort properly.

• 2. Re: Reports - Sub-summary
            brentjohn

That worked great. I created a script using Perform Find (specifying the find results with 2 actions for Assets and Liability.

However, in the Sub-summary section where I have the field “acct_type”, and in the Sub-summary section directly under where I have the field “acct_group”, it does not show either.

I would like for it to display as following under Preview Mode:

Assets [field: acct_type]

Current Assets [field: acct_group]

Cash [field: acct_name]

Accounts Receivable [field: acct_name]

Vehicles

Liability [field: acct_type]

Current Liability [field: acct_group]

Accounts Payable [field: acct_name]

Long-Term Liability [field: acct_group]

• 3. Re: Reports - Sub-summary
              philmodjunk

If I am understanding what you have posted correctly, you need three sub summary layout parts. The first sub summary part should specify Acct_type as the "when sorted by" field. The second would specify acct_group as its when sorted by field. and the third would specify acct_name.

Then you must sort your records with the fields listed in this order in the sort dialog:

acct_type
                   acct_group
                   acct_name

• 4. Re: Reports - Sub-summary
                brentjohn

PhilMonkJunk you da best!  That worked exactly like I wanted.