You cannot set this up with a table view, but you can with a list view.
In a layout designed for use with list view, you can size the fields in the body to be several rows of text tall (Make sure that they are taller than you expect to need. THen select the sliding and visibility settings on the Inspector's position tab to set them to slide up/ resize enclosing part.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.