2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 1:32 AM by leedsman

Reports with Sub-summarys and Grand Totals

leedsman

Title

Reports with Sub-summarys and Grand Totals

Hi,

I am using FMP 10 and want to set up a report with sub totals and a grand total. The data is stored in two related tables, Patients and Treatments, and this is what I am trying to achieve:

- Patients have a treatment for a certain amount of time on a certain date. Each of these is stored as a separate Treatment record.

- Patients are grouped by geographical area.

- At the end of each quarter I want to have a report which shows the total amount of time spent on each patient within the geographical area, with sub-total for the geographical area, and a grand total for the whole quarter.

I have set up 'calculation' fields (in the Treatment table) to work out the total time for a patient for a specific quarter, and I can get this to print successfully, but I can't seem to get the sub-totals by geographical area and the grand total for the quarter.

Also, is there any way of using only one 'calculation' field for the total time per patient per quarter, or do I have to set up multiple calculation fields for each quarter within this and subsequent calendar years??

Any help, examples, suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

Stephen