2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 9:08 PM by gunnerstudio

Resize text fields

gunnerstudio

Title

Resize text fields

Hey.

It it possible to textfields inside a portal. that are positioned next to eachother to expand (resize) to the right with the same with.??!! if it make sence. Im trying to say if i got two field in a portalrow. size 180 px each. when someone if the higher resulution uses the database, both of the field expand to etc 308px each. ?? I hope that you guy understand what im trying to say.

If I use auto resize fuction with a anchor (right enabled) on both textfields the left textfield will overlap the right object. 

is there an solution that does this.

If

get (Screenwidth) = 768 ; ReSize (textfield1 ; 180px) ReSize (textfield2 ; 180px)

get (Screenwidth) = 1024 ; ReSize (textfield1 ; 308px) ReSize (textfield2 ; 308px) 

End if 

thanks so much..  hope you hear from you, Kudos to you.

• 1. Re: Resize text fields
          TSGal

gunnerstudio:

Thank you for your post.

No, it is not possible to set the field size from a script.  One possible solution is to have two different layouts with the two different field sizes.  You can then check the screen width and select the appropriate layout.  For example:

If [ Get ( ScreenWidth ) > 768 ]

Go to Layout [ <expanded layout> ]

Else

Go to Layout [ <normal layout> ]

End If

Let me know if you need clarification.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Resize text fields
            gunnerstudio

Thanks TSgal.

I found your reply a great help, this makes me create a layout for widescreen users and one for normal screens. I have programmed the whole database in with 1024 x768px.