Do you want to see this in browse mode or only when you print/preview/PDF?
If only when you print, preview or PDF, the file, enter layout mode, select the field and choose "slide up" and then also the "resize enclosing part" options found in the sliding and visibility section of the inspector's position tab.
This assumes that these are not merge fields all placed in the same text object.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
Perfect, thank you that helps out a lot. Is there a reason that some of my fields aren't printing or in preview mode even though there is words in them in the edit/layout mode? It should print them if triggered with text, but it seems to not be showing anything as it prints.
What version of FileMaker do you have? (Might be an fmp12 bug)
Is there any chance that "hide when printing" was specified in the inspector?
Or is the field located such that it is visible on the layout, but too far to the right to fit on the printed page?
I have FMP 11.0v3. It must just be something that is selected... I checked each field and the "hide when printing" option is not selected and I took away some fields and resized them to check if they would show up then.... Im printing 2 columns of addresses. I will just keep playing around with it and see if I can find out something. Let me know if you think of something else and thank you!
Upload a screen shot of your layout taken when in layout mode.
Then tell me which fields aren't printing as expected?
The home address doesn't except the first one. (I also know my formatting is off, but I know how to fix that....)
what it woud look like. Doesn't show any home address fields:
Is there a Header layout part in your layout?
Does that upper field touch or cross the line between header and body?
If so, nudge it down until it no longer does.
Thank you, I think that worked! :D