1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 10:53 AM by philmodjunk

Resizing Screen

JamesOlson

Title

Resizing Screen

Gday

Can someone please tell me if i create a runtime program for a client in filemaker, and he has a different size screen to me, will it automatically resize to his screen if he does not have the same size screen as me? If not how would i get it to automatically look the same on any size screen i load the program on to?

Regards

• 1. Re: Resizing Screen
          philmodjunk

You can use a script with the Adjust Window [Maximize] step to pop the window out to it's largest size. You can use File Options to set this to run when the file is opened.

"...how would i get it to automatically look the same on any size screen i load the program on to?"
          You can't really, screens vary too much in both resolution and vertical vs horizontal proportions. You can take steps to minimize these differences but you can't completely eliminate them.

You can write scripts that check the screen size (they use get functions). You can change the anchor settings on layout objects so that they space themselves out as the window size is changed, but this is far from perfect.