1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 7:42 AM by gcKoenig

Restoring Missing Favorite Hosts

DeanIngram

Title

Restoring Missing Favorite Hosts

Something strange happened this morning and FileMaker Advanced 12 wouldn't launch. I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.9.1. I thought it might be a bad prefs file, so I removed some FileMaker prefs, including the "com.filemaker.client.advanced12.plist" file, from ~/Library/Preferences. Still no luck opening FileMaker. So I restarted and the problem went away.

Predictably, my Favorite Hosts were all gone. That should be easy enough to restore from Time Machine backups. But it's not working. FileMaker seems to ignore any restored prefs files. I picked the necessary information out of a restored plist file by viewing it in a text editor, so I know the data is there.

Are there any other files that must be restored in this case?

D

• 1. Re: Restoring Missing Favorite Hosts
          gcKoenig

This just happened to me spontaneously, in FileMaker 14.  When I was using FileMaker Pro Advanced this morning, on a local file, it crashed.  After I re-opened it, it seemed to be working ok.  Later on, when I tried to connect to a remote host, none of my favorite hosts icons appear in the remote box!  Strangely enough, my FileMaker 13 favorite hosts are all gone as well!  I was at a client yesterday, on their WiFi, and opened both for a brief time.  I have no idea what happened.  I suspect the something happened to my .plist files, but I have not been mucking around in my libraries (I'm running Mac OS X 10.10 - Yosemite).