AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restrict records in table

Question asked by JuneHiatt on Aug 26, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 by JuneHiatt

Title

Restrict records in table

I am coming to FMPro from Bento and new to setting up relational tables. I've searched everywhere but can't find an answer to what is probably a real newbie question; hope you can help.

I have a file for Inventory and want to create two related tables. 

1. A Work in Progress table that would show only the records with an entry in the Start Date field of the Inventory Table; the record should no longer appear in the Inventory Table.

2. A Completed Projects table that would show only the records with an entry in the Finished Date field of the Work in Progress Table; the record should no longer appear in the Work in Progress table.

Basically, I want to remove a record from one table and have it appear only in one of the others. I understand this can be done with Find and Omit, but I don't want to have to do that each time.

So far the only solution I have found is to make an entirely different file and use export/import for each record as its status changes, and then delete it from the Inventory table, but this is less than desirable. Perhaps this has to do with setting up conditionals, but I couldn't puzzle it out.

Thanks, DCB

Outcomes