2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2009 5:29 AM by boykell

Restrictions on using saved finds in FMP 10

boykell

Title

Restrictions on using saved finds in FMP 10

Guidance on using saved finds states:  Whether a saved find or recent find is available to a user depends on the account that is used and the table that the layout is based on, including any related tables that are referenced in the find criteria.

What exactly does this mean?  In one of my databases the option to save finds is available from some layouts whilst not others, yet I can determine no difference between them.  What restrictions apply to using saved finds?

• 1. Re: Restrictions on using saved finds in FMP 10
          TSGal

boykell:

Thank you for your post.

If you are accessing a file with limited account privileges, you may not be able to save the find.

If the find is still active in one table, but you switch to another table and do some work, the Save Find may not be accessible.

Does this help?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Restrictions on using saved finds in FMP 10
            boykell

Thanks for the response.  However in this instance, my problem is account based, as I have full access to the entire database.  It seems to be layout based.  I've accessed a layout related to a single table, with no issues, the save find option works.  Yet on another similar layout it doesn't.  Likewise, on a layout with muti-relational fields, it works on some layouts and not on others.  I'm trying to determine what relationships are likely to negate the save find option?