0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 2:17 PM by calebmiranda

retrieve data from filemaker to javascript

calebmiranda

Title

retrieve data from filemaker to javascript

Hi guys, problem here.

I'm working with a web viewer and I'm familiar with triggering a script from within the web viewer using the fmp:// protocol.

But, what I need is kind of the opposite. I have a 2000 records list that I need to display in my webviewer. As one may find, that is lots of html data, what makes my solution very slow.

What I want is a webviewer that displays the first records and, when I scroll down (my first option) or I click a button (second option, but also ok) it displays more records. I'm aware that I could do that using the url protocol, calling a script, rewriting the html code for the webviewer, but that seems as a dumb solution

So, it's my understanding that javascript can change the html of a webpage (played a little with javascript, but not a master). So, in theory, there is a way for javascritp to append to the end of my <body> the next record

I could use the ExecuteSQL function (not the script step) if it worked, but I'm not sure how to do that without hardcoding the change of the webviewer code, and I rather not do that. I'm really hoping I can handle it from the webviewer

I have a hard time being brief. What I want is to pass a parameter from the filemaker to javascript to execute its function.

Any help will be overwhelmingly appreciated