1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 7:26 AM by philmodjunk

Retrieving found records for second use - Custom Dialog

RobJohnston

Title

Retrieving found records for second use - Custom Dialog

Hello!

I have a FileMaker Database that gets used by several departments (Accounting, Service, Applications etc). I have a main Database that tracks whenever a department interacts with a customer, basically the a date field gets updated.

I have a script that 'finds' the accounts we have not touched in the last six months (data field has not updated in six months).

Some days the script might return 10  records that fall into the six month window, sometimes it would return zero.

So...(finally the question):

Once I have found the 10 records, how can I retrieve the 'found records' for use in a Customer Dialog box, like a concatenated string.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

• 1. Re: Retrieving found records for second use - Custom Dialog
          philmodjunk

Why use a custom dialog box? While this is possible, it's pretty limiting.

You can also use new window with go to layout to pop up a small dialog box like window, but this gives you a great deal more flexibility--including the ability to list your found records in a list or table view without any need to do special scripting/calculations that you'd need to list this in a custom dialog.