AnsweredAssumed Answered

Retrieving the "nth" record from a calculated UNSTORED field

Question asked by JWalls on Apr 3, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 by JWalls

Title

Retrieving the "nth" record from a calculated UNSTORED field

I am using a modified version of the Lending Library template (from v11 updated to v12).  After an item has been checked out, I have a layout that displays the "Item", the "Customer" (Patron in our case), and the "Due Date".  The Patron is obtained from the "History Asset ID::Contact Name" field; however, the layout is always displaying the first patron to borrow an item not the "most recent" person to borrow.

I've looked through the Functions Manual and not identified a function that would help me retrieve the last record associated with the History Asset ID:: Contact Name field.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've attached a screen shot of our database design.  I am looking for clues on how to enable this capability so that we can see the following:  (a) one layout displays the "checked out" item along with the current person to have it checked out (b) another layout displays the ongoing history of what each person has checked out (c) the item layout displays the ongoing history of who checked out each item.

DatabaseTables.png

Outcomes