AnsweredAssumed Answered

Return a field's value in the Case function

Question asked by alexjeane on Jun 6, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Return a field's value in the Case function

Friends,

I'm trying to return a field's value in addition to some text in the execution of a successful Case function.

We have it set up like this so far:

Case ( 

Abs ( Get ( SystemPlatform ) ) = 1 ; "filemac:" & Get ( DesktopPath )  &"tds.pdf" ;
Abs ( Get ( SystemPlatform ) ) = 2 ; "filewin:" & Get ( DesktopPath )  &"tds.pdf" 

)

I know you can add in multiple sets of strings in the result such as & "good" & "tds.pdf" in the end, but I'm having trouble successfully 
passing through anything that is interpreted by an inputted value in the database.

The best I got was

Case ( 

Abs ( Get ( SystemPlatform ) ) = 1 ; "filemac:" & Get ( DesktopPath ) & GetField ( fieldName )  &"tds.pdf" ;
Abs ( Get ( SystemPlatform ) ) = 2 ; "filewin:" & Get ( DesktopPath ) & GetField ( fieldName ) &"tds.pdf" 

)

When I select the right field, the resultant output is a ?tds.pdf.  I'd like it to read the value inside that record's field and 
add it onto the front end of "tds.pdf" such as "baseballtds.pdf" if the field's value was "baseball."

If you have any ideas of where to go, I'd really appreciate it.  I feel I'm close.

Thank you!

Outcomes